You are here: News
Akatombo Media logo
English 日本語

Akatombo Web Log

Friday, September 14, 2007

can’t execute code from a freed script - FIXED

This is a placeholder for further information on a javascript problem I know I’m going to have to figure out in the near future.  Internet Explorers 6 and 7 (is there ever another browser that gives me problems?) throw the somewhat cryptic “can’t execute code from a freed script” when loading a page that I’ve recently added some ecma script to.  I’m just getting back into DOM scripting after a while away from messing with it, and am definitely rusty.  Still, my understanding of the error message is that it is roughly speaking a matter of scope of code, and that code loaded for one window or frame will have been freed from memory and will not be available when in other windows or frames.  This doesn’t seem to apply with the scripting I’m doing.  I’m dealing with only one window and no frames so I need to find more out about what the error really means.  If you know, please comment and let me know.  If you want to know, please watch this space for updates.  (If you leave a comment, you can receive notifications when new comments are added)

UPDATE:  FIXED!  About 10 minutes after posting this I found the bizarre (to me, maybe someone can explain it) solution for this problem.  It was as simple as moving any meta tags before the script tags in the head element of the html document.  <script><meta> = heartache <meta><script> = salvation.

headnod.

Posted by UltraBob on 09/14 at 04:38 AM
5 Comments | No Trackbacks | Permanent Link

1. Posted by mKamalamy

I need to read the comments

October 6th, 2007 10:45 PM

2. Posted by Hetal

Hi

I have three div. in index.asp file
    1.I call fill div1 by ajex of a.asp.
    2. then click on a.asp i fill div2 by ajex of b.asp
    but it works fine on when i refresh
    it call div2 but when i click on links without refreshing it gives me above error.

I didnt understand above fixed solution....
    how to solve it.

November 20th, 2007 10:24 PM

3. Posted by UltraBob

Hi Hetal,

The simple solution for me was to make sure that any <meta> tags in the <head> of the document came before the tags in the head of the document.  Hope that helps.

November 21st, 2007 04:11 AM

4. Posted by Hetal

Hi Bob

I have not use any meta tag in my coding but still i am getting this kind of error.

Thank You for ur response.
    Hetal

November 21st, 2007 03:43 PM

5. Posted by UltraBob

Hi Hetal,

In that case I’m guessing that you actually do have an error related to code that has been released from memory but that you are still trying to access.  I believe this can often happen with the execution of javascript inside iframes or separate windows, but I’m not an expert on the topic.  I guess your best bet would be to continue to google and hopefully someone will have an answer for you.  Alternatively, we do have expert javascript coders and we could help you solve your problem for a fee.  If that is desirable please let me know via our contact form and I’d be happy to discuss that with you.  My guess is that you’ll be able to figure it out without our help, but Internet Explorer is a real pain in the $%& so I feel for you.  Best of Luck!

November 21st, 2007 04:11 PM

Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.